Thursday, April 29, 2010

Visit to the Nicu

Today we visited the Nicu to see our favorite nurse, Marianna. She is awesome and I emailed her a couple of days ago to see when she was working because we didn't want to miss her. As we walked into the hospital I felt very tense and nervous...like they were gonna take him back, even though I knew in my head that was insane.

We walked in and saw two parents who's children were there when Emmett was and I realized how fabulously lucky we were to have our little man home. Both of the mom's I saw had children there for over a month when Emmett arrived and he is now 11 weeks old so that means those parents had spend over 4 months of their lives visiting their child in the Nicu. We are amazingly lucky to have my darling baby able to be hugged and kissed and cuddled anytime I want.

I mean look at that face...


So tonight as I go to sleep I am going to thank my baby for being home and say a return prayer for all those people who prayed for him in his time of need. And finally, I'm going to say a prayer for all of the babies at the Nicu for their health, happiness, and for future cuddles in their parents beds.

1 comment:

  1. The nurses must have been so thrilled to see him! Even though those mothers are still there with their babies, I am sure seeing you and Emmett gave them a little more hope for their children. I too will pray for them, their families, and their babies.

    ReplyDelete