Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Random

I can't wait for Christmas this year...

Literally I have two kids who are going to think its pretty amazing.  We are learning how to teach our children about exciting days, while still making the regular day special.  Emmett and I drive around, with Silas of course, and spot trees on top of peoples car and scream "TREE" and then giggle.  Silas just looks around like, man I wish I was sitting facing forward.  It makes my hear warm. Then the lights, do I even need to mention the light spottings?  oh and finally, after we read our books or talk about Christmas the question that I hear almost every day "Is Christmas tomorrow?", and I always answer the same, "soon my love".

I'm not sure if it is the time of year or what but there is a lot of scary things going on with families right now.  I am grateful for my children's health, it is something that you take for granted at moments in time.  I hold my kids a little tighter, smooch them a little more often (if that's even possible), and try to be patient a little longer (not always successful at that one).  I am enamored with one mom in particular.  As parents you need to be your child's advocate and move quickly to get what they need...this mom is kicking ass right now, and so is her little boy.  An unexpected diagnosis threw her into motion and although I'm sure she has had many moments of feeling like falling apart, she seems to be rocking it out and I can't stop welling up in tears when I think about the strength she needs for her little man.  

Words I do not want to hear about anymore, including acronyms.

Lesson plans, assessments, We need ..., CIA, consequence, comments, rubrics, NEASC...and anything else to do with school.  The expectation of time is just insane.  I still am trying to figure out how to balance it... that's not going so well.  That is a resolution:  Get things done for school at school!  Use time wisely.

All I know is this...this has been a slightly random thought progression...and I'm fine with it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment