The last week of August I returned to work, teaching fourth grade. Its stressful, overwhelming, and frustrating being at work everyday because we have to juggle so many things moment to moment. I love my job, but I'm struggling to find my groove of working and motherhood and it makes me feel inadequate. I can't be my best at anything because I'm being pulled in so many directions, being a teacher, being a mother, being a friend, being a wife, being a daughter, being a community member, and any other label I can't recall right now. I feel like I'm doing a half ass job at many of those things.
or almost men.
I want to spend every waking minute with them but know that at this point in our lives it isn't possible, so I need to make sure that I am celebrating these two people who I love more than anything in the world every day.
Being their mother has allowed me happiness I have never felt before....along with immense frustration and worry. I know I will learn from it.
I also know that I have a responsibility to this man as well...I am grateful for him being my partner in this life and I can't wait to see where we go...especially after we win the lotto finally.
I love the idea of all parts of life working together to succeed, I need to stop stressing about things that are out of my control and just go with it, accept that life is wonderful even when its hard to see.
So part of that wonderful summer I think about every second of the day was a trip to Cape Cod...a trip we decided to do each and every year. Here are some pictures from the most magical place, its our Disney land.
Mama's big boy
that is not me in the middle
finally not scared of them
ice cream at the beach
our daddy
running around the beach, while the waves try to get them
my baby boy
the four of us...at a park
so happy eating his first grilled cheese...hasn't stopped yet
my parents came for the last couple of days
check out Emmett's hair
they love that beach tent
Emma joined us too...Emmett was thrilled, he had no idea
first time fishing with Gramps
My parents
Silas thinks this is hilarious
I will return to work tomorrow happily because I know these faces are waiting for my attention and love...I will give them everything I have to help them grow into the men they are meant to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment