Tuesday, July 3, 2012

One wild and precious life, mostly wild

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild wand precious life?" - Mary Oliver
This quote was written by Mary Oliver, but I first read it at another blog, Kelle Hamptons, Enjoying the small things. I think about the quote often now a days as I plan my days with my boys. Sometimes those plans are a cluster of wrong, others they are as magical as I imagined them to be.
Yesterday was not the perfectly planned day I imagined. We went to the zoo...awesome right? Yeah I know. So we went, it was beautiful weather, Emmett was listening to my reguests and reminders, we were discussing the animals we came across, Silas was happily rolling with it in the stroller hoping his teeth would finally break through those gums of his, I was a proud mama because my boys were being awesome, not perfect but awesome and imaginative and all the things I pictured. Then it all went to shit...

Please note the devil look in his eyes...



 Emmett was running and face planted on the grass filled with rocks, I ran to his rescue and hooked pebbles and dirt right out of his mouth, wiped away the blood, and kissed his head, telling him he was so brave and how much I loved him. He recovered fairly well, until he feel again. God help us all.

 We found a nice shady spot to have lunch. I notice a peacock is close to Emmett but he does not see it, he has been talking to them all day so I think nothing of it. The stupid peacock lets out a sound that was ungodly and Emmett was paralyzed with fear. Again, mama to the rescue. He recovered okay from that one, and called all the birds "bad bird"

Insert cute baby here:  


 Then it was time to leave, the mini-playground was boring for all three of us, but tired, sore, and slightly mean Emmett had traded places with the one mentioned above. It was fine, I can do this, temper tantrum is easily handled, nope carried Emmett out in one arm while carrying Silas with the other, and pushing the stroller full of everything under the sun.

 Got to the car thought it would be safe. Nope, when putting both tired and sweaty boys in the car I ran into a girl I knew from high school. Of course...mother of the year with a 2.4 year old child under my arm screaming, did I mention i was in Yoga pants and a t-shirt all that I had covered in the peas and apples from lunch? I was a hot mess and ran into a girl who not only had two kids, but looked amazing. Oh MAN??? Why can't I stick to Weight Watchers.



 So we got home both boys nap, at the same time. Amazing. They wake up in great moods, then Emmett got in trouble, why I don't remember but I remember his screaming at the top of his lungs for 20 minutes, then Silas joining in because there was nothing else to do and he wanted a bottle. The rest of the day equaled tantrum and then playing, repeat, repeat, repeat.

 So the day doesn't always go as planned and I'm fine with that, because the good outweighs the tough and those faces are just amazing. Happy Summer Vacation? This doesn't feel like a vacation. I might be working harder than when I was getting paid to work.



In other words, there is no other way I would want to spend my one precious and WILD life.  Ugh I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment