Saturday, June 2, 2012
It's been a while
My goodness it has been a while. I have been quite busy in the last year. We learned we were having another baby, it turned out to be a boy...and we named him Silas Michael (after my pops). He is am amazing baby.
He is beautiful...i'm sure he won't appreciate me calling him beautiful in 15 years, but he truly is.
He was born by C-Section...DO IT!!!
It was awesome...painful after but awesome experience compared to the train wreck of Emmett's delivery. He was born on November 11, 2011 at exactly 8:08am. It was an outstanding day, I realized the joy of birthdays that morning.
Then I remembered the importance of that first meeting of my boys. I waiting anxiously for Emmett to come to meet his brother, feeling guilty for taking away his status of "only child" slightly, but knowing that he will appreciate it one day if not today. Then he walked in our room and looked at me and said "Hi Mommy" I said Emmett look who's here and instead of looking at his brother lovingly or bitterly he saw the Jeep we had bought him to make him forget this new baby if he decided he was lame.
Then a moment later he saw a thing...a thing he looked at and called his baby.
I waited nervously to see his reaction as my wonderful mother introduced my sons to one another and this is the reaction from my big boy...
They were in love...Silas didn't know it yet, but they were in brotherly love. Best friends, the guilt drifted away as I realized that I had given both Emmett and Silas the best gift of all, each other.
Peter was madly in love with Silas from the moment he heard him cry, himself crying tears of relief, joy, and appreciation.
The next couple of days were glorious, I got to show off this baby, who got even cuter the next day. I also got to show off how great of brother this little baby had.
I was in love with my boys, all three of them. I was so happy to know that I had an amazing family willing to do anything I needed them to do for this to be amazing and it was.
Funniest picture of Silas in the hospital...like Benjamin Button.
I can't believe so much has happened...did I mention that this baby is not six and a half months old? Yes, this is what he looks like today.
actually that was last month...the next post will have more up to date pictures and hopefully it will come before...2014.
What it comes down to is I have two amazing young boys to raise into respectful, intelligent, interesting, sweet, bad ass men and I can't wait to continue on this ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment